Fræðsluefni / NGCCB leslisti
The National Gambling Counselor Certification Board has prepared a suggested reference list to assist in preparing for the National Certification Examination for Gambling Counselors. These references contain journals and textbooks which include information of significance to gambling counseling practice. Inclusion of certainjournals and textbooks on this list does not constitute an endorsement by the NGCCB of specific professional literature which, if used, would guarantee candidates successful passing of the certification examination.
- American Psychiatric Association. DSM IV: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association (1994).
- Berman, L. and Siegel, M. Behind the Eight-Ball: A Guide for Families of Gamblers. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster (1992).
- Ciarrocchi, J. Counseling Problem Gamblers: A Self Regulation Manual for Individual and Family Therapy. San Diego, CA: Academic Press (2002).
- Custer, R. and Milt, H. When Luck Runs Out. New York, NY: Facts on File (1985).
- Heineman, M. Losing Your Shirt: Recovery for Compulsive Gamblers and Their Families. Center City, MN: Hazelden (1992).
- Heineman, M. When Someone You Love Gambles. Center City, MN: Hazelden (1993).
- Lesieur, H. Understanding Compulsive Gambling. Center City, MN: Hazelden (1993).
- Miller W. and Rollnick, S. Motivational Interviewing, Second Edition. New York, NY:Guilford Press (2002).
- National Council on Problem Gambling and National Endowment for Financial Education. Financial Issues for Loved Ones of Problem Gamblers. Denver, CO: National Endowment for Financial Education (2000).
- National Gambling Impact Study Commission. Final Report. Washington, DC: National Gambling Impact Study Commission (1997).
- National Research Council. Pathological Gambling: A Critical Review. Washington, DC: National Academy Press (1999).
- Prochaska, J., Norcross, J., DiClemente, D. Changing for Good. Avon Books (1994).
- Shaffer, H., et al. Estimating the Prevalence of Disordered Gambling Behavior in the United States and Canada: A Meta-Analysis. Boston, MA: President and Fellows of Harvard College (1997).
- Volberg, R. When Chips Are Down: Problem Gambling in America. New York, NY: The Century Foundation Press (2001).